At the same way, exist the expatriate which means to exile (oneself) from one's native country or cause (another) to go into exile. But there are other reasons why people wants to go away from their origin country. Some of these are based on the motivation maslow theory, people looking for jobs better than that they had; Other people just are looking other cultures, they only want to see the world. This last behavior is caused because of the globalization, this phonomenom has caused that a lot of people in the world be interested in learning and knowing more from other countries.
Explain how easy is it for Colombian companies
to employ expatriates locally?Colombian companies, are already based on their organizational culture, but this one is based too on their Colombian culture; a culture that is full of nice people who really has the intention to make it feel good another person. Colombian companies, really enjoy give employment to that people that are not from Colombia, they really think that is a good experience having another person from other country.
• Buckley C. and Wills K. (2011) China's Wen puts social stability at heart of economy.
Retrieved from March 20, 2011, from Reuters:
• Expatriate. (n.d.). Online Etymology Dictionary. Retrieved March 11, 2011, from
Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/expatriate
• Florida, R. (2002) The rise of the creative class. The Washington Monthly, 34(5), 15.
Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/213679959?accountid=45662
• Institute for Public Policy Research (2004) Labour migration to the UK: an ippr
• Kram, K.E. (1985) Mentoring At Work, Scott, Foresman: Glenview.
• Mezias, J.M and Scandura, T.A. (2005) A Needs-Driven Approach to Expatriate
Adjustment and Career Development: A Multiple Mentoring Perspective, Journal of
International Business Studies, Vol. 36, No. 5 (Sep.), pp. 519-538
• Scandura, T.A. and Von Glinow, M.A. (1997) 'Development of the international
manager: the role of mentoring', Business and the ContemporaryWorld9 : 95-115.